Thursday 29 April 2010

Back to the Beast

I am actually going to put this one on a base so it's easier to transport. Can't face things breaking off the bugger. Whilst sorting through my spares box the other day I came across an old tamiya Kettenkrad plus trailer which I built but never used back in the mists of time.

The spark of inspiration went off in my head and I thought that it would be great to display this next to the geschutzwagen to show the sheer size of the thing and tell a story. So with a few figures as well I intend to show a maintenance party looking at the monster and thinking "where do we start?" Stripped the kettenkrad of old paint and proceeded to add some details using the wings and wheels book on the subject.



Here is the completed detailing using scrap bits and brass rod.







No comments:

Post a Comment