Thursday 3 December 2015

YW-750 Further Work & Stash Additions!

Just a small update today on the model, I've now started to add the hull fittings. Nothing too taxing here and the etched screens have a very nice weave to them. I'm still undecided as to how the model is going to look, beat up to hell or just in need of some TLC. 
Also as I have the breaking strain of a soggy snickers bar and the kit tracks have been a pain in the arse a set of spade ace white metal jobbys have been ordered. Not 100% essential unless like me you really hate kit link & length tracks! 





Talking about breaking strains I've also increased the stash somewhat thanks to Airfix's black Friday sale. I ask you who can resist when it's free postage on orders of £30 and over?(which is what this little lot cost me) So say hello stash to most of their op Herrick British army vehicles & a couple of wingy things.

The Afghanistan stuff should work very well on a diorama and being 1/48th I can pack a fair bit into a small space. I've long admired examples seen at shows so now i can start planning on some interesting scenes. ( oh and getting some etch & aftermarket wheels & stowage!) Flipping heck where will it end?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Pete, I see you're going along fine with this YW 750, I wanted to know, please, where you purchased tracks Spade Ace..... perhaps by Hobby Easy.
    Regards
    Loris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loris thanks glad you like it so far. As for spade ace tracks I get them from Hobby Easy, www.hobbyeasy.com

    ReplyDelete